List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: builddir different from source dir (solved)
From:       Alejandro Exojo <suy () kurly ! org>
Date:       2004-12-30 12:55:40

El Viernes, 24 de Diciembre de 2004 18:12, David Faure escribió:
> > /usr/share/qt3/bin/moc ../../part/kxedocument.h -o kxedocument.moc.cpp
> > /usr/share/qt3/bin/moc kxeattachdialogbase.h -o kxeattachdialogbase.moc
> > moc: kxeattachdialogbase.h: No such file
>
> BTW the difference is that the first one is a separate .moc.cpp
> file (which is discouraged, better run kdesdk/scripts/includemocs), and the
> second one is a .moc file, included by the .cpp file automatically.

First, I want to say that --enable-final plus including the MOC files, instead
of linking them, speeds *a lot* compilation. I only knew the --enable-final
trick, so thanks David for pointing me to includemocs, it made my life a bit
easier. ;-)

And second, I finally found the problem, and it wasn't automake related. It
seems that in some version of Qt, something changed in the UIC:

http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=265680#msg20

As Ben Burton suggests here, I just needed to touch all .ui files, so sources
and headers are regenarated. Now it builds with srcdir != builddir. :-)

Thanks a lot.

--
Alex (a.k.a. suy) - GPG ID 0x0B8B0BC2
http://darkshines.net/ - Jabber ID: suy@bulmalug.net