List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Problem with media:/
From:       Kévin_Ottens <ervin () ipsquad ! net>
Date:       2004-12-27 11:48:13

Le Vendredi 24 Décembre 2004 11:15, David Faure a écrit :
> The fix is to let kmplayer handle URLs and to add kmplayer %U in the Exec
> line (then kmplayer can decide whether to download the URL, or simply
> convert it media -> file, I guess we need some central code for that).

Yes we surely need something in kdelibs... I'd see two things to add:
1) Another attribute in KProtocolInfo to check if the ioslave can provide
UDS_LOCAL_PATH (it's only for optimization purpose... no need to check it if
the ioslave never provides it)
2) KURL KIO::NetAccess::localURL(KURL url), which will return a file:/ url if
possible (after stating it can find a UDS_LOCAL_PATH) or KURL() otherwise.
It'll basically be done by stating the given url and parsing the result,
it'll be convenient if you need to check only the local path... and stat() is
still here if you need more information.

This way applications that have no access to KFileItem still can work
correctly with files having the UDS_LOCAL_PATH atom.

Regards.
Ne font reculer l'ignorance."