List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: NX Project Announcement
From:       Tim Jansen <tim () tjansen ! de>
Date:       2003-03-29 2:11:47

On Saturday 29 March 2003 02:58, Kurt Pfeifle wrote:
> > desktop. We need a way to let NX server "publish" its applications
> Is this a possible usage for an SLP server?

Yes, but the problem is that the existing SLP servers usually still need some
daemon that creates the SLP registration and keeps it open. NX does not have
a daemon itself, but uses sshd and starts the proxy on demand. As sshd has no
idea about NX, it can not announce the SLP service.
This does not only apply to NX, you also have it when you want to announce
fish file shares, and it's one of the things I am working on... (by allowing
the SLP server to load modules that watch the state of ssh and announce
services)

bye...