List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: NX Project Announcement
From:       Tim Jansen <tim () tjansen ! de>
Date:       2003-03-29 2:09:29

On Saturday 29 March 2003 02:05, Gian Filippo Pinzari wrote:
> We are already considering integration with krdc. NX doesn't add any
> new low-level protocol, just compression of X protocol, so the integration
> we are looking for is probably not the one you intended in your statement.

In order to work like the VNC and RDP backends NX would have to be embedded
into krdc. This could be done by integrating XNest/nxagent into krdc (the way
the VNC and RDP backend work) or by XEmbedding it. The latter approach is
easier to do and probably does not need any changes in the code, but it will
not be possible to offer features like scaling with an embedded component.

bye...