List:       kde-devel
Subject:    KDE2 -> KDE3 port: ld -lqt not found??
From:       Robin Atwood <robin.atwood () attglobal ! net>
Date:       2002-02-28 12:53:49

I ported my project in the way recommended by using Kdevelop for KDE3 to make
a new project and then replaced the source directory with my own. I got the
project to compile (quite easy :-)) but it segfaulted in the KApplication
constructor! Checking back I noticed that "/usr/lib/qt/lib" was in the -L
library list and an ldd confirmed the wrong modules were loaded. I checked
the level 2 makefiles and, sure enough, a "-lqt"  was specified. I searched
the directory and removed every instance of "-lqt" including one in the
.kdevprj file, I renamed "/usr/lib/qt/lib" and removed it from ld.so.conf and
did an ldconfig for good measure. Now when I run make I always get the "-lqt
not found" message. Where is this coming from? The second level makefiles
specify the new qt3 library "-lqt-mt". I have also run autoconf and automake
and configure and the config.log shows the new Qt3/KDE3 environment is being
found. Any ideas, anyone?
TIA
-Robin.
Robin Atwood.

"This tag line left intentionally blank"