List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: [Alt-F2] run command tool
From:       David Jarvie <lists () astrojar ! org ! uk>
Date:       2002-02-28 12:41:42

On Wednesday 27 Feb 2002 9:28 pm, David Faure wrote:
> On Wednesday 27 February 2002 22:23, Andy Goossens wrote:
> > Minicli knows exactly what icon the program uses
>
> ... if is has a .desktop file, right ?
> Then creating a link on the desktop is very easy. Just drag the menuitem
> from the K menu.

If you can find it in the K menu! I have often given up trying to find
applications in the K menu due to its poor organisation and lack or
alphabetical ordering, and used Alt-F2 instead to activate them. That could
be precisely the reason why a user wants to create a desktop link, and
minicli would be the place (from the user's perspective) to do it.

--
David Jarvie