List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: shell programming/Makefile problem
From:       Holger =?iso-8859-1?q?Schr=F6der?= <holger-kde () holgis ! net>
Date:       2002-02-27 15:27:27

Am Mittwoch, 27. Februar 2002 11:36 schrieb Alexander Neundorf:
> Hi,
>
> I have the following problem: our project contains a bunch of
> different libs.
> I'd like to write a Makefile which goes through the the subdirs of
> the various libs
> and executes configure and make there.
> For the libs, which depend on former libs this will usually fail,
> since they don't
> find the libs they depend on, since they are not yet installed.
>
> I tried to set the C_INCLUDE_PATH, LIBRARY_PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH
> inside the
> Makefile without success. I did the following:
>
> Makefile:
>

> all: whatever
> 	LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/src/foo/lib; cd /usr/src/bar; ./configure
perhaps you should try

Makefile:
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/src/foo/lib
all: whatever
	cd /usr/src/bar; ./configure

the export is important, it tells the make to have LD_LIBRARY_PATH also
defined in its child processes, for example in configure, otherwise it
has it only defined for itself.
and i think it is better to define all that stuff at the beginning of
the Makefile, and not in the all: area...

HTH Holger

> and I expected, that the configure would run with LD_LIBRARY_PATH set
> to /usr/src/foo/lib, but it didn't. It still has the original
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH. But
> #BLAH = fasel; echo $BLAH
> fasel
>
> works. What's wrong ?

here you run in the same shell, and not in a child process of it.

> Or is there a way to tell configure to add some directories for
> headers and libraries
> ?
> I found only --include-dir, which says where headers should be
> installed.
>
> Thanks
> Alex

["Anhang: 1" (application/octet-stream)]