List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Enabling krayon?
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-02-25 22:34:00

On Monday 25 February 2002 01:53 pm, Frans Englich wrote:
> >1. The swedish word for krayon, kreide, kredka, ...
> >2. The K-ification of the swedish word "rita" (draw).
>
> I think Kuba and Erik indirect got a good point; names which are not only
> in english.

I think "Krita" makes a good name. One should however do a trademark search in
as many countries as possible to check for any trademarks. A quick search on
google revealed the existence of "www.krita.com". I don't think this will be
a problem sinc this website doesn't seem to be about computer software but we
should probably contact them before using this name to rule out any problems
down the road.

From http://www.zen.most.org.pl/w_time.htm
"The first throw is called krita, which is the throw of four, the perfect
throw."

Seems to be a name with good karma :-)

Cheers,
Waldo
--
Advanced technology only happens when people take a basic idea and add to it.
 -- Bob Bemer