List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Kandalf: request for review
From:       Loren Burkholder <computersemiexpert () outlook ! com>
Date:       2023-12-08 13:01:15

On Thursday, December 7, 2023 3:19:03 PM EST you wrote:
> This isn't going to be very useful, but I'm sure I'm not the only one
> who has heard of the story that the Tolkien Estate wasn't too happy
> with our original kandalf. Consequently I'm not sure we should
> actually name this thing kandalf. But then I wasn't around back then
> so I don't know if there is any truth to it or if it's just an urban
> legend. Regardless it's confusing to recycle the name for something
> entirely different and I'd reconsider the name here. Food for thought.

Thank you for bringing this up. I chose the name Kandalf as more or less a temporary \
name. My reasoning went something like this: "Most AI chatbots have a human-sounding \
name; Kandalf is not in use and would make a fine name. I can't think of anything \
better myself, and I don't want to reuse Konqui, so I'll go with Kandalf."

If you have suggestions for names, please leave them below.