List:       kde
Subject:    Re: KDE win95 theme?
From:       "Charles H. Tankersley" <tank () hal-pc ! org>
Date:       1998-08-26 21:02:47

Who cares if it looks like 95 (or 98, 0r NT).  those of use, the neophytes,
who are moving to KDE is not what it looks like, but rather, what it does for
us. Most of us have APP's which are written for M$ windows operating system,
we know these apps very well and the apps do the job.  Why re-invent the wheel
if you wish to "sell" you desktop operating system, the world is full of very
useful tools, such as< use AutocadLT 97, which runs on WIN-X.  It is an
excelent program and does it's job well, and is so widely used that all of us
who work in design must have and use it, it is part of our infrastructure.
All I want is a stable, reliable system which does not crash all the time and
which I can use as a base for my productive tools.   Who cares if looks like
OS/2 warp, WIN95/98/NT, MAC, or what.  Those are just operating systems, not
productions.

I now have SuSE 5.2 LINUX/KDE beta 3 installed on my machine, but have not
learned to use it YET.  I do not know how to connect to the internet with it
(yet), nor how to download and install (configure) new APPs (yet), or how to
get to my most useful tools which are HERE, in my WIN95 operating system
(YET).  I am NOT a programmer of any kind, I am just a user who needs his
TOOLS to work in order to do MY job, which is designing chemical plants,
refineries, power plants, etc, so we all can have the energy to run our
computers....