List:       kde
Subject:    Re: KDE does not run with bash 2.02.1... HELP?
From:       "Øyvind Nielsen" <Oyvind.Nielsen () matek ! sintef ! no>
Date:       1998-08-26 13:56:58

Charles R. Hurley wrote:
> QUESTIONS:
> 1) Is kde able to run with bash 2.02.1 (installed in /bin)?

I can't imagine that this is the problem.

> 2) If kde is able to run with bash 2.02.1 what do you think I did > wrong in
> setting up bash to work with kde?

I believe the problem has to do with $PATH. Maybe your new version of
bash reads a different configuration file when it is started? Have a
look at 'man bash' and /etc/profile and $HOME/.bash*.

Øyvind.

Øyvind Nielsen
Department of Metallurgy
Alfred Getz vei 2,
7034 TRONDHEIM
Norwegian Institute of Science and Technology (NTNU)
Tel.:   (+47) 73 59 01 99 (work)
        (+47) 73 93 21 09 (private)
Fax:   (+47) 73 59 48 89
E-mail: Oyvind.Nielsen@matek.sintef.no