List:       gtk-devel
Subject:    Re: Why these settings are deprecated?
From:       Daniel Boles <dboles.src () gmail ! com>
Date:       2017-12-27 12:13:59

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

On 27 December 2017 at 12:00, <gtk-devel-list-request@gnome.org> wrote:

> Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2017 21:06:30 +0100
> From: Tomasz G?sior <mail@tomaszgasior.kao.pl>
> To: gtk-devel-list@gnome.org
> Subject: Why these settings are deprecated?
>
> I would like to ask question directly to main GTK developers. Why these
> Xsettings are deprecated?

Although in this case you got a very detailed answer, I'd like to suggest
that it is usually better to check resources like the migration guides,
"git blame", etc. to track down the rationale for decisions - instead of
expecting that a developer will always see your post and have time or
desire to directly explain so many things in precise detail.

Sure, that takes a bit longer as a user, but the alternative is that
developers have to spend time constantly relitigating past decisions, which
at its extreme would mean they'll have no time to develop. :P

[Attachment #5 (text/html)]

at 12:00,  <span dir="ltr">&lt;<a href="mailto:gtk-devel-list-request@gnome.org" \
                solid;padding-left:1ex">