List:       zebra
Subject:    [zebra 21977] Re: how to set bgp to select best path
From:       "john smith" <johnsmith0302 () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2004-11-15 6:29:16

hehe :)

RFC 1771 , RFC 1267 , RFC 1163

I dont know but i my country , most people tend to refer to the RFC or the
original paper on path vector algorithm (lookup PAIRS in citeseer)
....mainly as the papers are free and are much easier to understand than the
books..........

the best ofcourse is to read RIP, or the original arpanet bellman-ford
routing algorithm and figure out a way to solve the "16" count to infinity
/convergence  problem by giving the node an identifier......... a lot of
things in BGP become very obvious that way...

I have nothing against the book, but frankly, i dont think one can use
something till one doesnt try solving the problem on his own.
There was a good book by Jef doyle and Matt Kolon called juniper network
routers too, and i actually found the way BGP was explained in that book
much better than Sam's BGP book. (the OReilly by Iljitsch van Beijnum is
good too...so i have heard)...

wonder why the authors of BGP never wrote a book on BGP :( ...guess they
wanted us to do our own homework...