List:       zaurus-java
Subject:    [Zaurus-java] kbd questions: Ctrl-, select button, activating Choice,	Menu/Cancel?
From:       Steve Weyer <saweyer () comcast ! net>
Date:       2002-06-18 18:04:46

I thought typing Fn-Lshift- on slideout keyboard was supposed to be same as
Ctrl- for accessing a MenuShortcut on a MenuItem?  Ctrl- works from Windows,
and from Z's soft keyboard, but not from hard kbd -- is there something I'm
missing here or maybe Jeode isn't setup, or ???

the select button in center of wheel seems to generate a space;
the docs indicate Enter -- are docs wrong?

I can tab between controls, e.g., Choice, TextField, etc. is there a way
from keyboard to activate/control a Choice, e.g., popup list, move thru
selections via arrows, enter to select ?

---

the sharp developer page requests:
"IMPORTANT REQUEST FROM SHARP TO DEVELOPERS
When you are to release your software, SHARP strongly recommends you to
implement following user interface(s) on your application so to provide a
common user experience:
*    press "menu" button to move focus to the menu bar
*    press "cancel" button to quit application
"

I have a menubar in my Java app, but how would I get it to handle the "Menu"
key (supposedly F11 according to the kbd docs).

my app is recognizing "Cancel" as ESC so seems to handle that.
-- is there any way to receive "Off" (holding down Cancel)?
I've noticed that apps installed on CF card quit for this, though leave icon
in taskbar

---
Steve