List:       xmlrpc-user
Subject:    Init-ing a RequestProcessor
From:       "steve lewis" <spiritmech () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-06-12 14:10:48

Okay, first off, we've been using XMLRPC-2.0 for a while now and we love
this project. We're looking into XML-RPC 3.0 because it seems to have a few
features that we need in the future. :)

Now to the nitty gritty. I think I've followed the directions in the FAQ.

I've got a RequestProcessorFactoryFactory which overrides
getRequestProcessor:

   protected Object getRequestProcessor(Class pClass, XmlRpcRequest
pRequest)
   throws XmlRpcException
   {
      System.out.println("Get request processor");
      RequestInitializableRequestProcessor proc =
              (RequestInitializableRequestProcessor)
super.getRequestProcessor(pClass, pRequest);
      System.out.println ("Got request processor");
      proc.init(pRequest.getConfig());
      System.out.println("Inited request processor");

      return proc;
   }

I never see my System.out 's, and my handler gets a null config object. In
my servlet, I override newXmlRpcHandlerMapping() with:

// My factoryfactory
XmlRpcRequestProcessorFactoryFactory factoryFactory = new
XmlRpcRequestProcessorFactoryFactory();

// My mapping
mapping.setRequestProcessorFactoryFactory(factoryFactory);

With no luck.

How does it know to create my instance of RequestProcessor? The
super.getRequestProcessor(pClass, pRequest) doesn't know anything about my
specific processor. I don't see where it might get constructed, I just see
the casts. Maybe I'm missing something?

Thanks for any help!