List:       xmlbeans-dev
Subject:    RE: Proposal for xml-bean exit criteria
From:       "Eric Vasilik" <Eric.Vasilik () bea ! com>
Date:       2003-07-31 23:47:09

More specifically, with respect to the exit criteria:

    Replacement of LGPL Piccolo parser with Xerces.

I will be creating a late-bound (reflection) relationship with Piccolo which will not \
require Piccolo to be present at compile time (to not break existing functionality).  \
In lieu of Piccolo, I will be fetching a SAX parser from \
javax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory.

We have modified Piccolo to return line number information for the start of tokens as \
opposed to the end of the tokens.  Also, there are a number of bug fixes and \
performance enhancements we have applied to Piccolo.

- Eric