List:       xml-dev
Subject:    Re: [xml-dev] Four fine text-based data formats ... liberate yourself from one (silo) data format
From:       David Lee <dlee () calldei ! com>
Date:       2013-03-25 2:36:52

Maybe I can make sense of this another way.
You are saying that some people with some data sets the way they choose to encode it \
In XML Did not fulfill their primary requirements as well as the way they chose to \
encode the data in another format?    An example I might give is DVDs for film.  If \
the frames were encoded in text XML in a semantic schema wouldn't play on my DVD \
player fast enough or fit on the DVD,

Is that a good comparison?
If so they made a good choice.
Although it still makes little sense to me how this relates to XML unless someone is \
claiming XML is the best format for all data for all use cases.

Anyone out there with that claim?

Sent from my iPad (excuse the terseness)
David A Lee
dlee@calldei.com