List:       xml-cocoon-dev
Subject:    Re: SVG/PNG does not serialize
From:       Paul Russell <paul () luminas ! co ! uk>
Date:       2000-11-30 23:37:42

On Thu, Nov 30, 2000 at 05:00:39PM -0500, Berin Loritsch wrote:
> This is what I get as a response to the hand written HTTP command:
> GET http://localhost/svg HTTP 1.0
>

> --------- response -----------
>
> HTTP/1.1 500 ok

Uh. that's weird for a start. 500 is internal server error.
It should never have the text 'ok'.

> Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 21:57:26 GMT
> Server: IBM_HTTP_Server/1.3.12.1 Apache/1.3.12 (Win32)
> Connection: close

I suspect this is saying that the error message (which
appears to be empty) is in text/html, rather than the
content, so that doesn't help...

> This happens with every binary type (PDF, JPG, PNG).  No log message, no
> exception reported.  All text oriented responses work fine.

Have you tried any other servlets which produce non-text/html
output? This is deeply strange. What happens when you run in
tomcat? Do images work then?

Paul

Luminas Ltd.