List:       xml-cocoon-dev
Subject:    Re: esql logicsheet finished (?!)
From:       Paul Russell <paul () luminas ! co ! uk>
Date:       2000-11-30 23:23:08

On Thu, Nov 30, 2000 at 05:01:38PM -0500, Donald Ball wrote:
> > Should XSP not provide some functionality for this? Looks
> > worryingly like a maintenance nightmare to me...
> we had been talking about adding extra functionality to the xsp:element
> element, so that the name of the element could be specified either as an
> attribute to the element element (:)) or a child element named name.
>
> e.g.
>
> <xsp:element>
>   <xsp:name>foobar</xsp:name>
> </xsp:element>
>
> instead of
>
> <xsp:element name="foobar">...</xsp:element>
>
> can i get a vote on adding this to c2's xsp-1.1 implementation?

+1 here.

Donald; as an aside, you seem to be 'particularly good' at the
whole logicsheet thing -- is there anything in the way of
documentation or magic bullet techniques you can give us?
I've tried to write an EJB taglib, for example, and it was
an unmitegated disaster - ended up including code in the
taglib input, which is Wrong, in my opinion. Help! :)

Paul.
Luminas Ltd.