List:       xml-cocoon-dev
Subject:    Re: [M10N] new block layout
From:       Carsten Ziegeler <cziegeler () apache ! org>
Date:       2005-11-04 10:23:52

Jorg Heymans wrote:
> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>

>>Yepp, if no api, no sub project for it; the same for samples and perhaps
>>impl as well.
>

> no implementation for a block , is that realistic ?

:) Don't know - but there might be cases where everything your block
provides is api. Anyway, let's not discuss this into detail. I think the
important part is that this is the suggested best-practice layout and if
for any reason you can't follow this layout, you can change it for your
own block.

> Indeed, it's the best practice layout. It is also the layout that will
> be created when doing "mvn archetype:create cocoon-block ...". It is up
> to the block developer then to remove the unnecessary parts and adjust
> poms accordingly.
>
> We should proactively encourage ie enforce following things though :
>
> - the block root directory has a pom containing all the modules for that
> block.
> - if there is an api module then it should be called "api".
> - "impl" is the preferred module name if there is only one
> implementation. Otherwise you're free to choose but an "impl" suffix is
> preferred. Same should go for "samples".

+1

Carsten

http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/