List:       xinetd
Subject:    final devel for 2.3.6
From:       Steve G <linux_4ever () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2002-08-05 12:40:30

Hello,

I've backported some updates from Rob. The main thing
of interest is an update to the sio routines. They are
now allocated dynamically rather than allocating all
possible descriptors. The memory savings are
significant and this should allow faster forking since
less memory has to be copied. The changelog updates
are:

+Make the file descriptor buffer allocation dynamic.
This substantially reduces xinetd's normal memory
footprint (~760KB). -Rob Braun
+Work around bugs in Mac OS X's getrlimit/setrlimit
which causes them to be almost unusable. -Rob Braun

You can get my devel copy from:
http://www.web-insights.net/xinetd-2.3.6rc8.tar.gz.
This is not an official release...just my tree.

-Steve Grubb