List:       xine-user
Subject:    Re: [xine-user] xine Mozilla plugin
From:       Darren Salt <linux () youmustbejoking ! demon ! co ! uk>
Date:       2007-02-07 0:15:47

I demand that Malte Gell may or may not have written...

> just installed "xine-plugin 1.0" and it runs fine. But, I'd like to use the
> Realplayer for real stuff instead of the xine plugin. So, currently I have
> two plugins for realvideo: the xine plugin and the Realplayer plugin.
> Firefox lets one choose which application to use for a certain mime-type,
> but it does not allow to choose a certain plugin if you have two plugins
> for the same mime type...

If there isn't a wishlist item for such a choice (or setting the order of
preference for plugins), go and file one :-)

That aside, I think that the best that can be done is to modify the plugin so
that it doesn't claim support for MIME types which are listed in some
configuration item or file. You should file a feature request...

| + Lobby friends, family, business, government.    WE'RE KILLING THE PLANET.

But Captain - the engines can't take this much longer!