List:       xine-devel
Subject:    Re: [xine-devel] SourceForge developer cleanups
From:       Siggi Langauf <siggi () users ! sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2003-10-24 11:58:08

Hi Michael,

On Thu, 23 Oct 2003, Michael Roitzsch wrote:

[...]
> I just used "cvs history" to obtain a list of developers who did not
> commit anything during this year. I think we should remove only people
> from this list:

That was my first idea, too. However, I decided to select people manually
instead, as the commit history is not the best way to get info about the
future. (eg. it would give wrong results for people whose account is still
active and who plan to work on xine soon again, as well as people who have
committed a few months ago but are now inactive.)
Some examples from your list:

> cvogler
maintains the closed caption decoder, which basically didn't need
attention lately. However there are some issues he's going to work on
soon.

> matt2000
is having less spare time these days, however he's still following xine
development actively, sometimes commenting on issues and planning to
commit soon again.

> xinehq
must not be removed, even if the poor guy is unable to commit ;-)

IMHO, just asking people should give the most accurate status we can
get...

Cheers,
	Siggi