List:       xine-codec-devel
Subject:    [codec-devel] Re:  2 strange files...
From:       Mark Podlipec <m.podlipec () verizon ! net>
Date:       2002-10-20 15:43:42

---Reply to mail from Mike Melanson about [codec-devel] Re:  2 strange files...
> On Sun, 20 Oct 2002, Mark Podlipec wrote:
>
>> I treat codes 24,25,26 and 27 as 8 bit depth codes(as opposed to depth
>> 24/32).  Whether those 8 bits represent greyscale or a color map depends
>> on the upper layers(ie quicktime or avi).
>
> Thanks for the data. Do you have any greyscale AVI samples to test?

I have one immediately available, some more probably archived away somewhere.

I just uploaded it to mplayerhq.hu in the MPlayer/incoming directory
as "pcitva15.avi".   It's depth is listed as 40, which is an artifact
of it being converted from a quicktime file.  Treat as depth 8 with
a standard quicktime greyscale colormap.

Mark