List:       xindice-users
Subject:    Problems wioth XPath querying over large documents
From:       Tony Griffiths <tony.griffiths () manchester ! ac ! uk>
Date:       2004-11-16 9:38:25

Hi,
I'm using Xindice 1.1b4 and JDK 1.4.1_02-b06 under Windows XP (SP2).
I've loaded a single 4.0Mb file into a collection, and try to run the query:

/PEDRoData/Experiment/Sample[experimenter="Fred"]

this returns nothing (not even an empty collection).

However when I do:

/PEDRoData/Experiment/Sample/experimenter

this returns the Fred element.

If I reduce the size of the original document to 100K, by removing all
optional elements in the document and run the original query again, then
this (correctly) returns a Sample.

I'm therefore assuming that even though the document is below the 5Mb
limit, there are problems caused by documents even approaching this size?

Tony
--
Dr. Tony Griffiths
Research Fellow