List:       xindice-users
Subject:    Re: temporaryXUpdateTree elements appearing
From:       Neil Cook <ncook () acm ! org>
Date:       2004-11-03 20:02:58

XQuery has no support for the functions provided by XUpdate. However, a
design goal was to do nothing which would prevent such support being
added at a later time.

While one might see proposals for such support to be added to XQuery
quite soon, the normal standards process will guarantee a significant
wait for it to be complete, since the first version is still in "last
call" at the W3C.

 From the latest working draft: "The XML Query Working group is working
on a facility to allow XQuery expressions to be used to create and
update persistent data."

/Neil