List:       xfree86-devel
Subject:    Re: Server regeneration no longer works
From:       David Dawes <dawes () x-oz ! com>
Date:       2003-11-01 3:56:03

On Thu, Oct 30, 2003 at 08:51:48AM +0100, Frank Gießler wrote:
>David Dawes wrote:
>
><snip>
>>
>> cvs rdiff -D "15 October 2003" -D "16 October 2003" Xserver/os
>>
>> gives:
><snip>
>
>Thanks, it is indeed the same bug. I've marked the one in Bugzilla as fixed. Is there an easy
>way to figure out the dates for the diffs?

I chose them based on the date of the message of mine you quoted that
mentioned the fix :-)

>> Also, cvsweb.xfree86.org allows easy viewing of changes.
>
>That's how I found out. But one has to know which files to investigate, and if more than one
>file is involved it can be a real PITA. Or am I missing something?

The cvs-commit list (and its archive) are useful for this.  The commit
messages will show you exactly what the revisions are for each changed
file.  I'd recommend that anyone following XFree86 development subscribe
to cvs-commit (see <http://www.xfree86.org/lists.html>).

David
--
David Dawes                                     X-Oz Technologies
www.XFree86.org/~dawes                          www.x-oz.com