List:       xfree86-devel
Subject:    Re: Server regeneration no longer works
From:       "Mike A. Harris" <mharris () www ! linux ! org ! uk>
Date:       2003-10-30 10:09:48

On Thu, 30 Oct 2003, [ISO-8859-1] Frank Gießler wrote:

><snip>
>>
>> cvs rdiff -D "15 October 2003" -D "16 October 2003" Xserver/os
>>
>> gives:
><snip>
>
>Thanks, it is indeed the same bug. I've marked the one in Bugzilla as fixed. Is there an easy
>way to figure out the dates for the diffs?
>
>> Also, cvsweb.xfree86.org allows easy viewing of changes.
>
>That's how I found out. But one has to know which files to investigate, and if more than one
>file is involved it can be a real PITA. Or am I missing something?

Search cvs-commits list archives, and/or use the cvsps tool to
generate patchsets.  You can find the latter with google.  The
documentation blows goats but the tool works awesome once you
mess with it for hours and hours wasting time until you figure
out the right magic.  ;o)

It's a godsend.

--
Mike A. Harris