List:       xfree86
Subject:    Re: [xfree86] it's been nice
From:       Eric Christopherson <rakko () charter ! net>
Date:       2003-01-09 22:31:55

On Thu, Jan 09, 2003 at 12:06:42PM -0700, David Bishop wrote:
> XFree86 is the new all purpose list.On Thursday 09 January 2003 12:00 pm, Jack E Dawg wrote:
> > XFree86 is the new all purpose list.----- Original Message -----

I have pretty much the same to say as everyone else. But in order to make
this post useful (instead of just "me too!"), I would like to ask if anyone
hear might know of good resources for beginners who want to learn stuff
about graphics works. I'm basically familiar with bitmaps and pixmaps,
sorta, but I'd like to learn more about stuff like compositing, rendering of
different objects, beziers, splines, etc. I'm interested more in 2D, but I
want to learn about 3D eventually too. As for resources, I prefer something
easy to read and with examples; online material would be great, but I'm not
averse to printed material granted it's cheap or easy to obtain at a library
or both. Any hints?

Thanks.

--
Furrfu!		r a k k o  at  c h a r t e r  dot  n e t