List:       xfree-i18n
Subject:    Re: [I18n]xmodmap
From:       Ionel Mugurel Ciobica <tgakic () chem ! tue ! nl>
Date:       2002-02-26 12:02:43

Īn data de 26-02-2002, la 01h 49'29", Gaurav Gupta scria despre "[I18n]xmodmap":
> HI,
>     We are trying to develop a version of linux for indian languages. In the
> keyboard, we need to use the scroll lock to do the purpose of a mode lock.
> Howevr, we have tried many things but have not been able to enable it. we
> have even downloaded some other keyboards to do the see when it works but
> all in vain. Can someone tell how to use the mode lock.
>
> thanks in advance
>
> Gaurav Gupta

To make my left and right windows key an AltGr key I put in the .xmodmap
file:

keycode 0x73 =  Mode_switch
keycode 0x74 =  Mode_switch

and to make my meny key and the CapsLock key a meta key I have:

keycode 0x42 =  Meta_L
keycode 0x75 =  Meta_R
add    Mod4    = Meta_L Meta_R

Your mode lock key is not familliar to me. What exactly that key should
do? I play a lot with xmodmap. Try xkeycaps, it is a sort of graphical
interface to xmodmap.

Ionel