List:       xchat-discuss
Subject:    Re: Socks 5 username/password?
From:       Ian <freebsd () damnhippie ! dyndns ! org>
Date:       2002-05-29 16:36:57

On 05/29/02 02:58, Dan Udey wrote:

>> Now, I wouldn't say it's of no use to anyone...
>>
>> Actually he kind of confirmed my suspicion, that xchat's socks5 code doesn't
>> know how to handle username/password authentication...
>>
>> Having joined this list only yesterday, I have the impression, I will be
>> leaving very soon...
>
> Don't let the harsh tone of some of the members affect your opinion too
> quickly. 'Dragoonkey' or whatever he calls himself joined the list quite a
> while ago, and has posted 'me too' postings, dozens of postings of
> literally no value, insisted he was not posting HTML mail, despite
> everyone else saying he was, posting the entire body of his message in the
> subject of the e-mail and leaving the e-mail blank, posting broken
> sentences that even I found incomprehensible, double-posting, posting
> 'me too' or other useless replies to posts that weren't directed at him,
> and so on and so forth.
>
> [stuff snipped]
>
> --Dan

I actually tend to agree, 99% of the time this list is excellent, and the
other 1% happens when the dragoonkey idiot starts posting to the list.  It
would be easy enough to filter out his posts, but that wouldn't help get rid
of the meta-discussion (which I, sadly, am now adding to) that crops up
every time he posts.

Really, he has proven himself so clue-resistant despite lots of patient
attempts to educate him about mailling-list manners that the only reasonable
thing left to do is ban him from the list, but apparently whoever has the
power to do that isn't willing to exercise it.  I know for my own part I'm
gonna be unsubscribing from the list soon if he isn't removed.

-- Ian