List:       xaudio-sdk
Subject:    [xaudio-sdk] Gilles, InterTrust, and XAudio.
From:       "KELLAM,RON (Non-HP-Australia,ex2)" <ron_kellam () non ! hp ! com>
Date:       2001-07-29 22:59:06

Last week I spoke to Gilles about the status of XAudio.

As of about 4 months ago, Gilles ceased to be an employee of InterTrust.  If
you've been following the mailing list, then you'll have noticed that it was
about 4 months ago that he stopped contributing to it...

InterTrust owns full rights to XAudio, source and all, and as Gilles is now
not an employee of theirs, he no longer has legal access to the XAudio
source code, and is unable to support it in the way that he did.

However, Gilles did assure me that InterTrust does have an active interest
in supporting and furthering XAudio.

I take that assurance with an element of scepticism - I'm yet to see any
form of support for XAudio come out of InterTrust.  I think the least they
could do if they are serious about supporting XAudio is to have one of their
engineers follow the mailing list and contribute where appropriate...

Cheers to all

Ron Kellam