List:       xalan-dev
Subject:    Re: indenting
From:       "Gary Thompson and Sarah Blenkin" <gary.and.sarah () virginnet ! co ! uk>
Date:       2000-03-13 23:19:19

Hi
    I have also tried to use xalan to output good text. However, I failed as
it appears to be very hard to control where line breaks occur etc.... I
therefore wrote a simple text output programmme STOP based on xerces and SAX
which takes a very simple xml syntax (three tags <text>, <tab\> and <line>)
and outputs formatted text. Its a simple answer and took me a bout 2
evenings to get it going in a basic form. Maybe this is the way to go....

gary