List:       xalan-dev
Subject:    Re: Bug report
From:       Stefano Mazzocchi <stefano () apache ! org>
Date:       1999-11-25 1:11:10

Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus wrote:

> > the file fragment was
> >
> > <?xml version="1.0"?>
> > <a>
> >  <b/>
> > </c>
>
> Stefano, did you mean to have invalid XML here?

Yes. I happened to have an invalid XML, but Xalan should behave more
nicely than that, IMO.

> Is the bug report in
> relation to the error in the first place, or to the lousy error message?

Error, I know Xalan should improve the error messages, but I'm more
concerned about getting the architecture straight first.

But, of course, placing at least the document fragment would be much
more useful.

> I get different results when I run it... I just get a file and line number
> (which is, of course, unsatisfactory), but this is from the command line.

I'm using the command line too.

Of course.

> If you run this with -Djava.compiler=NONE, I can get the exact line number.
> It would help a little for my purposes if you ran with the latest sources.

Here it is:

C:\Code\xml.apache.org\xml-cocoon\docs>xslt prova
[indent = 1, validate = on, output = html]
========= Parsing
file:C:/Code/xml.apache.org/xml-cocoon/docs/stylesheets/docume
nt.html.xsl ==========
Parse of
file:C:/Code/xml.apache.org/xml-cocoon/docs/stylesheets/document.html.x
sl took 1260 milliseconds
========= Parsing prova.xml ==========
Parse of prova.xml took 50 milliseconds
=============================
Transforming...
file:/C:/Code/xml.apache.org/xml-cocoon/docs/prova.xml; Line 4; Column 4
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: Error occured!
        at org.apache.xalan.xpath.dtm.DTM.getNextSibling(DTM.java:1648)
        at
org.apache.xalan.xpath.dtm.DTMNodeLocator.findChildren(DTMNodeLocator
.java:220)
        at
org.apache.xalan.xpath.SimpleNodeLocator.step(SimpleNodeLocator.java:
305)
        at
org.apache.xalan.xpath.SimpleNodeLocator.locationPath(SimpleNodeLocat
or.java:222)
        at org.apache.xalan.xpath.XPath.locationPath(XPath.java:937)
        at org.apache.xalan.xpath.XPath.execute(XPath.java:1342)
        at org.apache.xalan.xpath.XPath.execute(XPath.java:1220)
        at org.apache.xalan.xpath.XPath.execute(XPath.java:245)
        at
org.apache.xalan.xslt.ElemTemplateElement.transformSelectedChildren(E
lemTemplateElement.java:610)
        at
org.apache.xalan.xslt.ElemApplyTemplates.execute(ElemApplyTemplates.j
ava:144)
        at
org.apache.xalan.xslt.ElemTemplateElement.executeChildren(ElemTemplat
eElement.java:463)
        at
org.apache.xalan.xslt.ElemTemplate.execute(ElemTemplate.java:141)
        at
org.apache.xalan.xslt.StylesheetRoot.process(StylesheetRoot.java:385)

        at org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process.main(Process.java:542)

Hope this helps.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.