List:       xalan-dev
Subject:    Re: Bug report
From:       "Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus" <Scott_Boag/CAM/Lotus () lotus ! com>
Date:       1999-11-24 19:11:40

> the file fragment was
>
> <?xml version="1.0"?>
> <a>
>  <b/>
> </c>

Stefano, did you mean to have invalid XML here?  Is the bug report in
relation to the error in the first place, or to the lousy error message?

I get different results when I run it... I just get a file and line number
(which is, of course, unsatisfactory), but this is from the command line.

If you run this with -Djava.compiler=NONE, I can get the exact line number.
It would help a little for my purposes if you ran with the latest sources.

-scott

|------------------------+------------------------+------------------------|
|                        |   Stefano Mazzocchi    |                        |
|                        |   <stefano@apache.org> |           To:          |
|                        |                        |   Xalan                |
|                        |   11/23/99 09:40 PM    |   <xalan-dev@xml.apache|
|                        |   Please respond to    |   .org>                |
|                        |   xalan-dev            |           cc:          |
|                        |                        |   (bcc: Scott          |
|                        |                        |   Boag/CAM/Lotus)      |
|                        |                        |           Subject:     |
|                        |                        |   Bug report           |
|------------------------+------------------------+------------------------|

file:/C:/Code/xml.apache.org/xml-cocoon/docs/prova.xml; Line 4; Column 4
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: Error occured!
       at org.apache.xalan.xpath.dtm.DTM.getNextSibling(DTM.java,
Compiled Code
)
       at
org.apache.xalan.xpath.dtm.DTMNodeLocator.findChildren(DTMNodeLocator
.java, Compiled Code)
       at
org.apache.xalan.xpath.SimpleNodeLocator.step(SimpleNodeLocator.java,
Compiled Code)
       at
org.apache.xalan.xpath.SimpleNodeLocator.locationPath(SimpleNodeLocat
or.java:222)
       at org.apache.xalan.xpath.XPath.locationPath(XPath.java:937)
       at org.apache.xalan.xpath.XPath.execute(XPath.java, Compiled
Code)
       at org.apache.xalan.xpath.XPath.execute(XPath.java, Compiled
Code)
       at org.apache.xalan.xpath.XPath.execute(XPath.java:245)
       at
org.apache.xalan.xslt.ElemTemplateElement.transformSelectedChildren(E
lemTemplateElement.java, Compiled Code)
       at
org.apache.xalan.xslt.ElemApplyTemplates.execute(ElemApplyTemplates.j
ava:144)
       at
org.apache.xalan.xslt.ElemTemplateElement.executeChildren(ElemTemplat
eElement.java, Compiled Code)
       at
org.apache.xalan.xslt.ElemTemplate.execute(ElemTemplate.java:141)
       at
org.apache.xalan.xslt.StylesheetRoot.process(StylesheetRoot.java:385)

       at org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process.main(Process.java, Compiled
Code)

the file fragment was

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<a>