List:       wuftpd-questions
Subject:    HowTo Question Regarding v2.6.2
From:       Mulder <tdyboc () insight ! rr ! com>
Date:       2003-05-28 1:17:04

I have just installed this version on AIX 4.3.3.  I believe I have it
functioning the way I expect it to, specifically compressed files
relating to the ftpconversions file.

My question is this:

Is it possible to transfer a file/dataset that resides on an MVS
(mainframe) and land it on my AIX system compressed?

I'm not sure if I am doing something wrong or if this simply cannot be
done.

I have successfully transferred files between two AIX systems and I
see the proper messages when wanting to land a compressed file etc.
but the MVS transfer doesn't seem to work the same.

 Any information appreciated.