List:       wuftpd-questions
Subject:    Connecting to wu-ftpd through FTP proxy
From:       Chris Masterton <chris_masterton () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2003-05-13 22:45:02

Hello All,

I am having a problem connecting to my wu-ftpd from work. Connecting
locally or remotely works fine but my work has an FTP proxy server and
that seems to prevent me from connecting. Using either active or
passive connections I get the following "error" message in my syslog:

May 13 14:46:52 myserver wu-ftpd[27586]: connect from xx.xx.xxx.xxx
May 13 14:46:56 myserver wu-ftpd[27586]: FTP session closed

Client error message is the following:

Connection closed by remote host.

Telneting (through the same proxy) connects fine and I can log in and
do things like SYST and PASV. However as soon as I try a LIST or NLST i
get no further feedback. This is the case for either a PASV or active
connection. I am not trying to do any kind of anonymous connection (so
I don't think this is an ls problem).

This has worked before for me in a previous installation (Red Hat) but
since then I've installed Debian and added a firewall/router. Could
this be a firewall issue? I don't really see how it could be as data is
being passed back and forth without problem (in the form of prompts and
whatnot).

Any input would be fantastic and thank you in advanced for any help,

Chris.

=====
PGP Public Key: http://www.StreetSamurai.com/pgp/Chris_Masterton.asc
=====