List:       wu-ftpd
Subject:    upload problems
From:       "Scott R. Every" <scott () emji ! net>
Date:       1999-01-26 15:11:40

i just upgraded from wu-ftpd(18) to Beroftpd 1.2.3 and am having trouble
uploading files.  The incoming fir has the same permissions it always had:
drwx-wx-wt   2 root     daemon       1024 Jan 25 17:08 incoming/

in the /etc/ftpaccess file I have:
upload  /home/ftp  *               no
upload  /home/ftp  /incoming      yes     ftp   daemon 0600 nodirs

I have tried w/o the first line with no effect.

When I upload using any text based ftp I get:
553 1ris.tgz: Permission denied. (Upload)

When I use a graphical ftp and drag the file into the incoming dir(w/o opeing
it) it uploads fine.  If I open the dir first it does NOT work.  All of these
behaviors are different than what I saw with wu-ftpd...

Is this a known bug or am I doing something wrong?

Please help!

Scott R. Every        "Everything is controlled by a small evil group to
 EMJ Internet          which, unfortunately, no one we know belongs."
 voice : 1-800-548-2319  fax : 1-919-363-4423  mailto:scott@emji.net
 WWW - http://www.emji.net

Do you believe in Macintosh? Learn how to help the cause by
subscribing to the "EvangeList" listserver! Send email to:
<evangelist@macway.com> or go to:
<http://www.lists.apple.com/>