List:       wine-devel
Subject:    Re: code splitting
From:       "Dimitrie O. Paun" <dimi () cs ! toronto ! edu>
Date:       2000-04-30 15:47:10

On Sat, 29 Apr 2000, gerard patel wrote:

> That may be correct for the A<->W case, but the 16 and 32 apis are
> different. Thunking is occuring in many cases in Win9x, but I am
> sure that there are lot of special cases (there are already some
> in Wine; and I think that some special characteristics of Win32
> are yet not taken in account in parts of the code, that still emulates
> Win16 behaviour)

Well, yes, you are correct. But I wasn't referring to automatic generation
of this stuff -- it is too complex. I was only suggesting that we separate
the 16 and 32A code out of the regular files into their own files. Just
like Urlich did for ver. Look in dlls/version/ and you will see that
(most) 16 bit code is in a file called ver16.c. I would like to apply this
technigue all over wine, where appropriate.

--
Dimi.