List:       wine-devel
Subject:    Re: More on the  ASCII/Unicode support (Thread Buffer)
From:       "Juergen Schmied" <juergen.schmied () debitel ! net>
Date:       2000-04-28 12:29:09

> Now, the other issue is what to do about allocating memory.  Alexandre
> mentioned that NT has a per-thread buffer that it uses.  That is probably
> the way to go, since it's allocated ahead of time if you get an OOM error on
> that, you have other issues.  You of course also need to deal with growing
> and shrinking the buffer to accomodate very large strings.
I just like to mention this buffer is only used by low level-dll's
(found references from advapi32 and ntdll mainly) and it looks like we can
use it only for functions not calling further into any of these native dlls
- or better: not to call any other function internally
We would need to use the stack or (the same) alloca.

ciao

juergen

---
juergen.schmied@debitel.net