List:       wine-devel
Subject:    Virtual* and DIB issue
From:       Ove Kaaven <ovehk () ping ! uio ! no>
Date:       2000-04-28 11:10:33

I try to interface some DirectX framebuffer stuff with DIBSections better,
letting the DIBSections use a framebuffer that DirectX specifies (like the
DGA framebuffer, or an XShm image).

The DIBSection implementation use VIRTUAL_SetFaultHandler and
VirtualProtect, but the DGA framebuffer and XShm images are unaffected by
them since they aren't registered views.

I tried to remove the static in front of VIRTUAL_CreateView and
VIRTUAL_DeleteView and use them from DirectX once the DGA/XShm framebuffer
address has been acquired, which sort of works, but those functions take
parameters only defined in include/server.h and memory/virtual.c... is
there some better way of doing it?