List:       wine-devel
Subject:    PeekNamedPipe
From:       Peter Ganten <peter () ganten ! org>
Date:       1999-12-23 0:11:35

Hello,

this patch implements PeekNamedPipe() for anonymous pipes
(since named pipes are not supported by wine yet). To get
this working, I changed the pipe creation in the server from
pipe() to socketpair(), because I found no way to read the
content of a UNIX pipe without changing its state.

I am not very happy with this implementation,  because it has to
allocate a temporary buffer, if the caller requests the number of
bytes in the pipe. If there is a way to
get this information without reading the content, I would like
to hear how.

This patch enables a well known IDE to actually compile programs.

Greetings,

Peter Ganten

["PeekNamedPipe.patch" (application/octet-stream)]