List:       wine-devel
Subject:    Re: Registry Query
From:       "Juergen Schmied" <juergen.schmied () debitel ! net>
Date:       1999-12-22 22:26:37

> 	We are using regedit under wine (991212) to get registry dumps with an
> installation of NT4, but we get an incomplete registry database.
What is missing?
Did I get it right? You are trying to dump a native nt registry with
regedit running under wine.

> We also get a few registry related warnings while wine is starting up.
please quote these warnings
how did you set the registry related values in wine.conf?
There is a patch appyed on the 20th Dec what makes wine go on
reading the nt-registry even when it fails for some keys.

> 	What are we doing wrong? Where can we find more info on how wine deals with
> the registry?
- man wine (config options)
- look into the source
- look into the mailing-list archive