List:       wine-devel
Subject:    Re: Debugger enhancements to track DLL initializations
From:       Ulrich Weigand <weigand () informatik ! uni-erlangen ! de>
Date:       1999-07-30 21:15:08

> Because I am specifically trying to track the n'th invocation of InitDLL
> (granted, on a PE dll). I have little faith that the n'th dll loaded
> will have its InitDll executed n'th forever. I find it pays to be
> paranoid while writing debugging tools.

Ah, the exact sequence of module loads and InitDLL calls is a rather
complex matter ;-)  If you search the wine-devel archives, you'll
find dozens of posts from the time when we were trying to get this
just right ...

> Another way to specify the breakpoint is to name the dll, but I have not
> taken the time to figure out how to implement that yet.  The patch that
> follows would be a starting point for that extension; it simply needs
> the name checking added :)

At the point where my suggested check is executed, the module name of
the module in question is available as wm->modname.  You'd just need
to check this against a list of DLL names given on the command line ...

Bye,
Ulrich

--
  Ulrich Weigand,
  IMMD 1, Universitaet Erlangen-Nuernberg,