List:       wine-devel
Subject:    Re: ShowWindow patch: fixes potential looping for SW_HIDE case
From:       Ove Kaaven <ovek () arcticnet ! no>
Date:       1999-06-30 17:49:53

On Mon, 28 Jun 1999, Daniel Langlois wrote:

> In the application I was using the WM_KILLFOCUS  code for particular
> popupmenus was calling ShowWindow(hWnd, SW_HIDE) to hide itself.  This
> was problematic because ShowWindow (in the process of hiding the window)
> would call SetFocus which would send a WM_KILLFOCUS to the currently
> active window.  Now as I mentioned above, the  killfocus code for this
> particular window made a call to ShowWindow to hide itself.  Do you see
> the endless loop here?

It appears to me that the internal focus should already have changed when
the WM_KILLFOCUS is received (see windows/focus.c), and that if this is
the case, it should know that it doesn't have to send more WM_KILLFOCUS
messages in a recursion. You may want to find out why that doesn't work.

I suspect something in winpos.c after line 1823 may not do such a check.