List:       wine-devel
Subject:    Re: gcc-2.95 to support anonymous unions
From:       Gavriel State <uz87ogw3 () umail ! furryterror ! org>
Date:       1999-06-25 16:11:50

Pavel Roskin wrote:
> gcc-2.95-19990609 for Cygwin
> Mumit has made this development build of the latest gcc 2.95 snapshot
> available for people to try out. This is the upcoming merge of the egcs
> and gcc projects. New features include support for doing COM interfaces in
> C++, anonymous structs/unions in C, anonymous structs in C++, and other
> improvements and bug fixes. Warning: Don't try unless you're willing to
> live on the bleeding edge! Jun 13 1999, Mumit Khan

Cool.  It looks as though some of the compiler changes we've been working
on with Cygnus are beginning to make it into gcc.  There are several other
changes that are still in progress, like precompiled headers, etc.  Note
that all the code you need for playing with COM interfaces in C++ Winelib
applications is already there in wine/include/wine/obj_base.h.  You just
have to flip a couple of #defines...

-Gav

--
Gavriel State