List:       wine-devel
Subject:    Re: REG_EXPAND_SZ  is considered as REG_SZ ??
From:       "Sylvain St.Germain" <sylvain () macadamian ! com>
Date:       1999-04-30 14:30:24

Juergen Schmied wrote:

> Not jet tested but according to the documentation you can
> write a string with RegSetValueW(A) in the registry and read
> with RegQueryValueA(W) and should get a correctly converted
> string even if you write with the A and read with the W function.

I am not quite sure I can make a link between the title and the email
content... Doesn't REG_EXPAND_SZ simply means that the data will (may?)
contains variable(s) to be expanded by the caller app?

Now, in the _savesubkey func, REG_EXPAND_SZ is saved just as a REG_SZ
which I think is wrong, since the data of a registry value type
REG_EXPAND_SZ is "hex:(2)" when you export it from regedit.  Hence it
got to be threated as a simple stream of byte just as the other binary
type.  Furthermore, the stream can contains 00 making it impossible to
determine the real end of it if considered as a string...

--
Sylvain St-Germain               sylvain@macadamian.com
Macadamian Technologies Inc.     www.macadamian.com