List:       wine-devel
Subject:    Re: Loading dlls and loadorder (no windows)
From:       Ulrich Weigand <weigand () informatik ! uni-erlangen ! de>
Date:       1999-04-30 12:52:29

jw@witch.westfalen.de (Jutta Wrage) wrote:

> In <199904281618.SAA23277@faui11.informatik.uni-erlangen.de> on Wed,
> 28 Apr 1999 18:18:35 +0200 (MET DST), you wrote:
> >Sorry, didn't think about those.  Yes, this should be enough to avoid
> >this particular problem ...
>
> But it does not solve the prolem with the default settings in the
> wine.conf, does it?

Eh, I thought this was exactly the problem that was solved ;-)

You do mean the problem that if you have no DllOverrides etc. sections
in .winerc, the default fallback (use always native DLLs) was broken?

This problem is indeed fixed by Marcus' change, because now if you
do not have any DllOverrides sections, a specific, fixed list of
DLL options is used (which is compiled into the Wine executable);
and this list is sane enough so that Wine should run fine ...

Of course, if you *manually* put *wrong* data into you .winerc file,
it's your own fault if Wine breaks ;-)

Bye,
Ulrich