List:       wine-devel
Subject:    Re: printdlg* packed
From:       Ulrich Weigand <weigand () informatik ! uni-erlangen ! de>
Date:       1999-04-28 22:41:45

> In order to have Wine report the PRINTDLGA and PRINTDLGW structures
> to have the same size as the Windoze versions, WINE_PACKED statements
> were added. But as I'm too lazy to check *which* structure members
> need this statement, I added it to all members. Don't think that
> hurts...

Ugh. Please don't do that ;-)  Simply put the whole commdlg.h file
between #include "pshpack1.h" and  #include "poppack.h" statements;
this will get the alignments correct ...  (This is rather strange,
but even the Win32 SDK commdlg.h uses byte packing throughout ...)

WINE_PACKED really shouldn't be used any more (I guess we should
eliminate it completely, actually ...).

Bye,
Ulrich

--
  Ulrich Weigand,
  IMMD 1, Universitaet Erlangen-Nuernberg,