List:       wine-devel
Subject:    Re : tool/wineconf problems
From:       eric.pouech () lemel ! fr (eric pouech)
Date:       1999-04-27 17:19:38

from the technical part dealing with tools/wineconf, some questions though:
which perl version are you using ? would it be possible that you're still
with perl 4 ?
the LC_ error messages come from perl itself (try removing use strict; but I
 doubt it'll change anything)
from the missing $ in var loop, I think it's linked to perl version (if it's
 necessary I'll revert loop local vars to there old syntax)

for the rest I agree with Juergend previous mail... wine developpers focus
primarly on developping wine (which still need quite some work). It doesn't
mean they don't care about TkWine, it does only mean that TkWine will not be
 their first tool for using wine, and thus are not able to provide much
feeback. If I dare making a comparison with Linux, kernel hackers are not
the one who build distributions... those are two different jobs, that
required dedicated and involved people, of course working hand in hand

about the (legal) link between wine and TkWine... it may perhaps be a good
idea not to apply wine licence to the configuration tools (wineconf,
wineinstall, bug_report) so that they could be incorporated in source free
distributions (or a sort of LWINE licence style) (Alexandre ?)